Sunday, February 16, 2014

Faith

Today was a great day at church!  We had the chance to show the kids to have faith no matter what! Our bottom line was, " When you hear what Jesus has done, it helps to have faith."  I was on stage for large group and was suppose to do a experiment with Bill Zood the science dude, but he was MIA! What was I going to do!!!  Luckily my co-leader came to my rescue and encouraged me to do the experiment!  She reminded me that I had read the instructions, had seen it done, and I had all the materials; it also helped that she had faith in me that I could do it!  This led into a bible story from Luke 7:18-22, while John the Baptist was in prison for a couple of months.  He began to lose faith and needed some encouragement,  so he asked his disciples to go and talk with Jesus about Jesus being the Messiah.  When the disciples got to Jesus, He told them to watch and listen.  After a little while of watching and listening, they had seen Jesus do amazing things and heard him speak!  Jesus told them to go back to John and tell what they had seen Jesus do and what they had heard.  This good news encouraged John but he had to rely on his friends and the stories of what they had heard Jesus say and what they had seen Him do.  At our church we also ask a great question each week, which is "SO WHAT??"  The "so what" for today was great!  We are much like John the Baptist, having to build our faith on the stories of what others heard Jesus say and what others had seen Him do.  We made a great parallel from what we talked about to the kids lives.   

We get to do awesome fun things like this and tell them truths of the Bible! I cannot wait for us to be able to do it with the kids of the military!!






No comments:

Post a Comment